so much has been done already which is better than getting a daunting bit of soil. so, there is:
- shed with massive window to sup tea in, including shelving
- a rustic seat under a cute tree to drink wine from
- a pond
- globe artichokes already in
- lots of raspberry/currant canes already established
- a row of strawberries
- a row of onions or something(!)
- 3 big water butts
- a big compost heap
- not too many weeds/quite good soil to get going on
- a 'friend' already called john, who said hello and gave me a tour of the plot and CLEARLY has plot envy as he was going on that i should take it and it is the best plot on the allotment!!!
i chose the name "The Green Grower" as it works on a few levels - 'green' in the colour sense, 'green' in that i am totally new to all this and 'green' in that i'd ideally like to be as organic as possible. the 'grower' part is pretty obvious!
this blog will be a record of day1 to whenever! i am a total novice gardener. always loved gardens and the idea of gardening and having an allotment to grow my own produce has always been a dream. now i have one so you can see how i get on. i'll also use this blog as a useful history of when i have planted things, how things have fared etc. all tips/tricks/advice welcome so do feel free to comment. wish me luck!