Saturday 4 July 2009

Lunchtime shopping

My new goodies, still in their carrier bag!

My friends and I at work decided to pop down to a local garden centre at lunchtime. I didn't know this place existed so when my friend asked me if I wanted to go, of course I said "yes"! I was only really interested in buying one or two herbs/veg but the prices were fantastic so I got a few more things than I thought I might. However, I wasn't surprised I got more than planned! I picked up a pineapple sage, coriander, caraway, a dwarf french bean called 'the prince' and, as i think they are fantastic, a chinese lantern or physalis.

My new physalis...

'The Prince' dwarf bean flowering...

All the plants look really healthy and were a snip - 4x 9cm pot plants and 1x 12cm for about £7. The beans and physalis are covered in flowers. I'm looking forward to the pineapple sage flowering - it's the 'scarlet pineapple' variety and it looks like it has amazing bright red flowers.

Here's a photo I found on the internet...

and a photo of my plant - looks really healthy...
Heck, the coriander smells amazing! Yum :) Right, out to the allotment to get these in and to get digging. Got 2x golden courgettes and 2x butternut squash to get in too this weekend. I also bought a pretty flowering shrub just for the hell of it when I got those. It's gone in one of my old metal tubs and looks so pretty :)

No comments: